Reminder - Click on
underlined items to link to another Web page or site.
My thanks to Lynnette Titus for help with this list of Web sites about native plants.
* OSU Extension Factsheet Native Landscaping for Wildlife
http://ohioline.osu.edu/w-fact/0013.html* Build-a-Prairie http://www.bellmuseum.org/mnideals/prairie/
* OSU Extension Bulletin 865 Native Plants of Ohio
Making a Prairie.
Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources
‚* Green Landscaping with Native Plants
* Planting the Seed (A Guide to Establishing Prairie and Meadow Communities in Southern Ontario)
The popular guide to prairie and meadow habitat establishment or enhancement is now available on-line.
Choose between HTML and PDF formats:
* Native Plant Nursery in Ann Arbor, MI http://www.nativeplant.com/
‚ Wildtype in Mason, MI a source for native woodies http://www.wildtypeplants.com/
Something new in Northwest
* Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, Depauw, Indiana - Native and non-native woodland plants, rare and unusual shade perennials.
* OORPA Oak Openings Region Preservation Alliance website:
The Nature Conservancy's Kitty Todd Nature Preserve and other parks and preserves
* Toledo Metroparks website
* ODNR Lucas County Rare Plants List http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/dnap/heritage/counties/lucas.html
* Wild Ones (National) http://www.for-wild.org/
Wild Ones is a national organization with a mission to educate and share information at the "plant-roots" level and to promote biodiversity and environmentally sound practices. We are organizing a chapter in Northwest Ohio. If you are interested email Kris or Todd Crail www.farmertodd.com
* National Wildlife Federation native plant web site
* Native Plant Society of Northeast Ohio http://groups.msn.com/NativePlantSocietyofNortheastOhio/_whatsnew.msnw
a non-profit conservation organization that provides the scientific
information and tools needed to help guide effective conservation action
* North American Native Plant Society
Plant Savers - Their mission is to protect native medicinal plants
of the United States and Canada and their native habitat while ensuring an
abundant renewable supply of medicinal plants for generations to come.
* OSU Extension Bulletin 866: Identifying Noxious Weeds
* Invasive Species in Ohio
* ODNR Division of Natural Areas and Preserves
* ODNR Division of Natural Areas and Preserves: Invasive Plants of Ohio
Weeds: Is your yard a menace to parks and wild lands?
* Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center
* Tallgrass Prairies in Illinois
for Public Officials
* E-Nature.com http://www.enature.com/
* Wildlife Gardening - Two sites from the UK
Federation gardeners' page
Pond Lady Custom Water Gardens