** God Answers - Knee-mail **
How Many Of These Prayerful Questions Can You Answer??
*In keeping with our Prayer Bible Study here are some questions that are prayer related. The questions were adapted through the use of the Good News Bible.
1. Who Prayed to the Lord after ridiculing those who Prayed to Baal? 1 Kings 18:27-36
2. Who appeared to Daniel during his Praying for his people of Israel? Daniel 9:21
3. In Nehemiah 9:6 who confessed their sins in Prayer?
4. Who was the woman who appeared to be drunk but was really Praying? 1 Samuel 1:12
5. Jesus told some people the Parable of the Widow and the Judge to teach that they should always Pray and never become discouraged. Who were these People? Luke 18:1
6. Who Prayed for Simon so his faith would not fail. Luke 22:32
7. What was the name of the Garden Jesus took his disciples so he could Pray while they waited? Matt: 26:36
8. What kind of heart should you have when Praying to God? Hebrews 5:7
9. Who helps us to Pray? Romans 8:26
10. Who reprimanded his People in Israel in Isaiah 1:15?
11. Who Prayed earnestly to the Lord in Daniel 9:3?
12. Who were the 3 disciples Jesus took with him to a hill to Pray? Luke 9:28
13. According to Paul when should we Pray? Ephesians 6:18
The U in Jesus
Before U were thought of, or time had begun,
even stuck U
in the name of His Son.
can't spell out JesUs
and not include
a Blessed Day -- All of "U"
A little fun with "WWJD"
Most people assume WWJD is for "What would Jesus do?" But the initials really stand for "What would Jesus drive?"
One theory is that Jesus would tool around in an old Plymouth because "the Bible says God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in a Fury."
But in Psalm 83, the Almighty clearly owns a Pontiac and a Geo. The passage urges the Lord to "pursue your enemies with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm."
Perhaps God favors Dodge pickup trucks, because Moses' followers are warned not to go up a mountain "until the Ram's horn sounds a long blast."
Some scholars insist that Jesus drove a Honda but didn't like to talk about it. As proof, they cite a verse in St. John's gospel where Christ tells the crowd, "For I did not speak of my own Accord..."
Meanwhile, Moses rode an old British motorcycle, as evidenced by a Bible passage declaring that "the roar of Moses' Triumph is heard in the hills."
Joshua drove a Triumph sports car with a hole in its muffler: "Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout the land."
And, following the Master's lead, the Apostles car pooled in a Honda...."The Apostles were in one accord."
(Perhaps you need to love cars, etc. to appreciate this.)
One Sunday in a Midwest city a young child was "acting up" during the morning worship hour. The parents did their best to maintain some sense of order in the pew but were losing the battle. Finally, the father picked the little fellow up and walked sternly up the aisle on his way out. Just before reaching the foyer the little one called loudly to the congregation, "Pray for me! Pray for me!"
A daddy was listening to his child say his prayer "Dear Harold." At this, dad interrupted and said, "Wait a minute-how come you called God 'Harold'"? The little boy looked up and said, "That's what they call Him in church. You know the prayer we say, "Our Father, who art in Heaven, Harold be Thy Name."
After the little boys prayers one night he opened the big and old family Bible with fascination and looked at the old pages as he turned them. Suddenly, something fell out of the Bible.
He picked it up and looked at it closely. It was an old leaf from a tree that had been pressed in between the pages. "Mama, look what I found," the boy called out.
"What have you go there, dear?" his mother asked.
With astonishment in his voice, he answered: "I think it's Adam's suit!"